Director - Di McMath
Di McMath is the Director of Platinum Potential, and the creator of the ‘Emotional Resilience & Wellbeing program for Emergency Services personnel’ (also known as the Triple Zero ‘000’ Resilience Program), amongst others.
She holds a unique position. After a 15yrs career as an Advanced Care Paramedic; she is known for her calm and grounded approach in high stress situations. Together with her Coaching skills & qualifications, she delivers interactive, practical, real & relevant workshops, which will leave participants feeling more confident and capable of coping with challenging events in their professional & personal lives.
During her time as a Paramedic, Di lost some close friends, colleagues, & a family member – to suicide. With one First Responder / Emergency Service worker in Australia suiciding every 6wks, once she resigned from her role as a Paramedic; she decided to put all her qualifications, skills & knowledge together – and dedicated the next 12mths or so, to creating a resilience program specifically for the officers and staff within the Emergency Services.
Hence, how the Triple Zero Resilience Program came about.
Early on in her Paramedic career; she also gained her qualifications as a Registered Nurse, and still remains current in this field.
Prior to resigning from the Ambulance Service, Di gained her qualifications as a Life Coach & Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Coach Practitioner. This complimented her extensive 19yr ‘Personal Development’ experience beautifully, as she had studied the teachings of many of the world’s top leaders in their field, including Leading Peak Performance Coach ‘Anthony Robbins’.
Di became a graduate of Anthony Robbins’ Mastery University in 2012. She has also been a crew member of Tony’s Date With Destiny event – predominantly with a role on the Medical team; but also had roles as mic runner, customer service, & photographing Tony with his distinguished guests. She still attends his events whenever she can.
With Di’s extensive 15 year pre-hospital emergency care background, she has a passion to help build resilience within Emergency Service personnel through her resilience programs and coaching.
Di has always loved going ‘above & beyond’ to help others. This picture was taken in 2013, when she decided to raise money for charity (‘Save the children’) in lieu of any gifts or celebrations of her birthday that year. It involved abseiling (for the first time) down a 36floor building in Brisbane (Qld, Australia). She raised over $2500 for the charity, and had fun doing it!!
- Resilience Coach & NLP Coach Practitioner – (4yrs)
- Registered Nurse (current – AHPRA) – (10yrs)
- Advanced Care Paramedic – Level 2 (former) – (15yrs)
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110)
- A.S.I.S.T. (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) qualified
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates
- Peer Support Officer (former)
Other relevant info:
- Guest Lecturer at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ)- Ipswich Campus,for 3rd year Student Paramedics, October 2017, with my ‘Resilience & Wellbeing’ content
- Current & active member of the Gold Coast ‘Care For Life Suicide Prevention Network’
- Active participant at GCPHN- workshop ‘World Cafe – Suicide Prevention’. September 2016
- Attendee at GCPHN – Early Psychosis Symposium: Suicide Prevention. September 2016
- Emergency Management course – Open2Study / Massey University. August 2016
- Stress Management course – Psychology World. February 2016
- Attendee at the Australian & New Zealand College of Paramedicine (ANZCP) ‘Survive & Thrive’ – Paramedic Resilience Symposium. Sydney, April 2016
- Currently completing Marie Forleo’s B-School
- Currently completing Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
Our Vision & Mission
Di’s determined that the Platinum Potential ‘family’ will only ever be people that have ‘worn boots’ as First Responders. Because they’ve ‘been there’ and understand. My mission is to strengthen mindsets, self-empower, & support, current & former Emergency Service Workers and their families’ through the ‘Emotional Resilience & Wellbeing program’.
My vision is to help improve the mental wellbeing of officers, so that they can enjoy their job for as long as they desire, whilst also enjoying fulfilling personal lives. We also aim to help decrease the stigma of mental health illnesses, such as anxiety/depression, PTSD, & help prevent the suicide amongst current and former serving Emergency Services Personnel;
– so that the next job they go to….is not ‘one of their own’.
‘Saving the lives – of those who save lives.’
Location: Gold Coast Hinterland, Qld 4285 Australia
Business Hours: 830-330pm M-F